Under general direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Receivable Collector will be responsible for tracking and calling on aged receivables. The collector will also be tasked with working with customers to resolve issues that are holding up payment. The collector will be asked to provide a weekly updated collections report showing progress on top outstanding balances week to week. The collector will utilize appropriate systems and tools to accomplish stated objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Makes daily collection calls on outstanding aged receivables
- Maintains a detailed spreadsheet of large outstanding AR balances with anticipated collection, notes on when last contacted, who was last contacted, etc.
- Keeps Accounting Manager apprised of possible collection issues and roadblocks
- Presents creative solutions to collect balances that have not moved
- Takes ownership of collections process and is accountable for progress
- Ensure compliance with Harvard Bioscience Policies and Procedures
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong telephone and communication skills
- Exceptional skills in accuracy and organization, attention to detail
- Consistent performance to follow projects through to resolution
- Flexibility and ability to try multiple collection approaches (telephone, email, fax, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- 1 to 3 years of experience in collections