The Application Scientist position is a global scientist role for the in vivo Electrophysiology Business Area with focus on TBSI’s new implantable stimulation and recording technologies. The applications scientist will bridge the gap between the TBSI R&D team and customers defining customer requirements as well as troubleshooting field problems if and when they arise. This position will assist the in vivo global sales team with technical support, customer training and business development. The location of this job will be at TBSI in Durham, NC.
· Provide technical support for all beta and new customers with surgery, electrode and hardware/software questions.
· Support the implantable product manager in the creation of marketing materials including specification sheets and application notes.
· Verification and evaluation testing of new and sustaining R&D projects.
· Testing and execution of verification/validation testing for new product introductions.
· Help in resolving customer complaints including providing feedback to management, commercial, quality and engineering.
· Train commercial and other team members on updated products.
· Support the Primary Investigator(PI) of government contracts and grants with new proposals and reports
· Must work well with others – inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers. Passionately shares TBSI values.
· Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
· Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
· Successful communicator both verbally and written
· Minimum of a BS or BA in life sciences
· 3 years of experience in applications support or field applications.
· Hands on in vivo Electrophysiology lab experience; animal and electrode surgery experience with neural stimulation and recording
· Strong skills in writing technical/scientific publications. Having been published is a plus.
· Experience in evaluating new products ideally if in the in vivo Electrophysiology area.
· Strong technical capabilities consistent within market segment.
· Experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels including distributors and direct.
· Requires up to 20% travel including international