Summary: The Instrumentation Sales Representative is responsible for managing an existing customer base and direct sales growth in the Mid-Atlantic US Territory (e.g., MD, Washington DC, Virginia) for various Harvard Bioscience product Brands within the general lab, surgical, animal research (physiology), behavioral and fluidics product lines. The representative will provide applications and solutions expertise, supporting sales of the product portfolio offered to academic, government, pharmaceutical and other organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Conduct territory activities, including:
- Qualify incoming US Sales inquiries, provide recommendations, prepare quotations and advance to sale closure.
- Determine customer needs and execute cross-selling effectively.
- Work with in-house and other company representatives to present and sell product lines.
- As needed, demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features.
- Segment the customer and prospect database, make contact and initiate sales activities.
- Conduct local shows and attend National trade shows as directed.
- Meet goals for call/travel metrics & corporate CRM use.
As Business Needs Dictate:
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers, minimum 3 days per week. Home office location must provide ability to quickly reach major territory accounts on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate 1) substantial product knowledge within the area of in vivo and ex vivo life science research, 2) sales effectiveness and 3) be a resource for the development of the sales team.
- Take leadership in development and communication of sales best practices for the assigned product lines. Several product lines have a much longer sales cycle than the core HA products and often carry a more complex selling process.
- Conduct Post Sales activities, follow up with customers; ensure their success and enroll customers as referrals.
- Prepares reports of weekly activity, keeps sales pipeline up to date and submit regular expense reports in a timely fashion as required. Enter new prospect information and keep CRM database up to date with daily activities. Develop and update a territory business plan.
- Provide front line customer support, involve in-house resources and keep track of customer relationship to ensure satisfaction.
- Provide customer feedback to sales and marketing organization.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or life sciences, Masters preferred. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in a life science research laboratory.
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of successful Life Science sales experience, demonstrated competence in system and solution selling.
- Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time, based on geographic territory and business requirements. Must be able to rent automobiles within the defined territory.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance