You will work independently as part of innovative R&D team as senior Software Engineer to complete the necessary deliverables and contribute to the vision and strategy of TBSI. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for progressing the development of our next generation application NeuroWare and StimWare application software for the in vivo neuroscience applications. This position is well suited for a software engineer who has a desire to solve problems with hardware and software interface technology. Having experience working with C #, C++, API specification and development are all important.
- Develops software solutions via analysis of science application needs; collaborating with users / representatives; studying information flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Develop working knowledge of system architecture and architectural guidelines.
- Collaborate on design and code reviews with other senior staff and consultants.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by via effective communication and documentation.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and system level programming.
- Updates job knowledge by enhancing development tools, programming techniques, via professional development opportunities professional publications; personal networks; professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission taking ownership and by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by being an effective team member, team mentor providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- BS in computer science or related computer engineering field.
- Total passion for making a difference hardware and software interface technology
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Effective communicator with technical and other stakeholders
- Ability and flexibility to work as part of design team
- Enthusiastic learner/teacher, with an understanding of common development
- Proven ability to contribute, coordinate, and meet commitments
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and see necessary outcomes to 100% completion
- Application software development experience – equivalent to 6+ years
- Experience working as part of an agile development team
- Experience assuring quality of code
- Previous C# or C++ experience in development for applications in wireless data transmission, data acquisition and application software and control.
- Labview experience is a plus
- Exposure / experience with life science application technologies
Triangle BioSystems International is a biomedical research device company focused on developing and manufacturing hardware and software solutions for application in animal-centric neuroscience research where bio-monitoring, recording, and stimulation functions are needed.
Settled comfortably between such noteworthy institutions, such as Duke University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University, our business flourishes thanks to our determination to anticipate and adapt to the unique demands of the neuroscience research community. Our foremost goal is to equip scientists with their optimal neural interfacing laboratory setup. Many of our customers choose our business over competitors because we take the time to understand every detail of their work to determine their most empowering solution.
We have the capability to partner with universities, institutions, and companies to develop custom products and solutions. As such, we already have affiliations with several academic institutions, but we are always willing to explore new opportunities for growth and discovery.
TBSI is now a part of the Harvard Bioscience family of companies. Harvard Bioscience (Nasdaq: HBIO) is a global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of a broad range of specialized products for life science research.
Our total product solutions are engineered for simplicity. We like to envision our products as being as plug-and-play as possible. Using industry standard connectors for interfacing to electrodes, internal base-station cable connections, and a USB output to your computer or software, a TBSI recording solution is exactly what you need to start collecting data quickly and easily.
We designed our products to make the user experience as simple as possible. We offer and support a variety of accessories to expand the functionality of our equipment, so we are always prepared to meet our customer specific needs.