As a valued member of the Harvard Apparatus Canada team, the Technical Sales Representative main responsibilities are to help grow sales with existing customers, find new customers and meet or exceed quarterly sales targets.
This position may include sales supervisor responsibilities depending on the candidates experience and qualifications.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
- Recommend alternate products based on benefits, specifications, costs and/or availability.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Prepare price quotations, present product specifications and purchasing terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ budgetary guidelines.
- Occasional Travel required to visit customers, perform product demonstrations, training, and promote sales.
- Fill requests for catalogs, information, or samples
- Remain current on consumer preferences, by participating in sales meetings, customer product demonstrations, trade shows, and/or reading trade journals.
General and Other Responsibilities
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate would have one or more of the qualifications below:
- A degree or equivalent experience in a laboratory science field
Such as: Physiology, Electrophysiology, Biology, Pharmacology, or Physics.
- Experience in the set up and of various scientific laboratory research equipment.
Ex: Biomedical Engineering degree or Lab Set-Up Experience
- Experience in Sales and/or Marketing of Scientific Equipment and calling on customers
- Sales Team management and supervisory experience
Other Assets include:
- Strong computer skills (working with MS Office and MS Access, Scientific Data Analysis)
- Sound analytical skills
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
- Ability to prioritize, deal with multiple enquiries at a time, and multitask
- CRM (Salesforce) experience.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (spoken and written)
Other General Qualifications and Abilities
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), negotiation and good phone skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective Time Management Skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities to meet personal and corporate goals.
- Team Player who is able to work effectively with other members of the sales and distribution team
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Professional demeanor
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards