Summary: Responsible for product support for prospects, customers, subsidiary offices, distributors and outside sales team via phone and email. The candidate is required to have in-depth product knowledge including use, maintenance, and repair to support the sales of Harvard Bioscience-Coulbourn Instruments, Panlab, and CMA product lines to academic, government, pharmaceutical and other organizations. Person will be essential in supporting Technical Support colleagues and engineering about product function, user requests, and product improvements. Provide pre- and post-sales support to distributors, subsidiary offices, customers and outside sales force. This role also requires support of repairs, which may include diagnostics and repair. Ultimately significantly contributing toward the sales growth of Harvard Bioscience through appropriate customer communication and follow through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- External technical liaison; communicates with and supports prospects, customers, subsidiary offices, distributors and sales primarily via phone and email providing pre- and post-sales support on Harvard Bioscience’s behavioral and Microdialysis equipment.
- Internal technical liaison; supports customer service, production and engineering on product questions.
- Prepare detailed quotes to meet the customer’s requirements
- Work collaboratively with the sales, distributors and subsidiaries to ensure that the customer has a cohesive and responsive team throughout the sales process.
- Interface with vendors regarding product information.
- Utilize CRM to capture customer records.
- Responsible for successful training and installation of equipment at customer sites.
- Significant contributor of knowledge database including but not limited to application notes, protocols and FAQs.
- Provide key VOC data to cross functional teams within Harvard Bioscience.
- Serve as escalation point for RMA issues concerning Harvard Bioscience’s behavioral, and Microdialysis product lines.
Competency. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- A high level of motivation and passion to assist customers, sales and service people to overcome any problems that they may have which relate to our instruments in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyse information skilfully and propose appropriate solutions.
- Written and verbal communication skills which are appropriate for a customer-facing role.
- Adaptability to manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic with exceptional attention to detail.
- Capable of thinking on your feet and working under pressure without compromise. Manage difficult customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Be capable of balancing teamwork with individual workload and responsibility. Supporting the team’s efforts to succeed.
- Can test all equipment to see if technical specifications are met.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology, Pharmacology or related field preferred, Master or Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience considered.
- Technical Expertise – Knowledge of several of the following research techniques is desired: rodent/animal handling; drug dosing; stereotaxic surgery; electrical brain stimulation; optogenetics; microdialysis; in vivo electrophysiology; behavioral assays for evaluation of analgesia, motor function/coordination, anxiety/depression, learning/memory and attentional processes.
- Language Skills –Second language would be ideal, but not required.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in using Microsoft Office; Cloud Based Applications, Online Search Engines, familiarity with a CRM (i.e. Salesforce) and comfortable with basic computing skills.