Warner Instruments, a subsidiary of Harvard Bioscience, and located in Hamden Connecticut has an immediate opening for a part-time skilled machinist. Warner Instruments designs and manufactures biomedical research tools for the cellular, electrophysiological, and neurological sciences.
The candidate shall be able to operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinders, band saws, and drill presses.
- Makes jigs, fixtures, and gauges to hold and check work
- Machines aluminum and plastic parts to specifications
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, blueprints, etc.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Checks own work to ensure quality
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining, assembly and tooling problems
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- State Certified Machinist with a minimum of five years’ experience in machine shop with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in the setup and operation of all shop machine tools, inspection equipment and methods and tool repair procedures.