Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the Senior Graphic Designer will work within the Marketing department as well as with other departments and outside contractors.
The Senior Designer will produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs.
- 5+ years’ work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in design software, specifically InDesign
- Photographic skills, including experience conducting photo shoots
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Strong attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- BFA or MFA degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
- Knowledge of 1, 2 and 4-color offset printing process and digital printing
- Video editing capabilities with tools such as Adobe Premier would be a plus
- This is an on-site position (no agencies please)
Senior Designer responsibilities may include:
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user friendliness in digital products
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Image library organization
- Building & managing HTML emails/templates/lists (MailChimp)
To be successful in this role, applicant should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures and product packaging.
Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes our brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines.