Summary: Responsible for product support for prospects, customers, subsidiary offices, distributors and outside sales team via phone and email. The candidate is required to have in-depth product knowledge(including use, maintenance and repair) to support the sales of Harvard Bioscience’s core manufactured products for Molecular Separation Analysis brand lines(i.e. spectrophotometers, plate readers and washers, electrophoresis and amino acid analyzers). Expected to be a significant contributor toward service contract acquisition and in support to the Field Service Team. Person will be essential in supporting Technical Support colleagues and engineering about product function, user requests, and product improvements. This person will engage heavily with the Global Marketing team, Field Service Engineers, and internal service personnel. Provide pre- and post-sales support to distributors, subsidiary offices, and outside sales force. Ultimately significantly contribute toward the sales growth of Harvard Bioscience through appropriate customer communication and follow through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- External technical liaison; communicate with and supports prospects, customers, subsidiary offices, field service, distributors and sales primarily via phone and email providing pre- and post-sales support on a wide range of products. Primarily spectrophotometry, sample preparation, amino acid analyzers, general laboratory supplies and consumables.
- Internal technical liaison; supports customer service on product questions, customer inquiries and customer issues.
- Coordinates with sales team to provide best solution for customer requests
- Contributes to FAQs and service instructions.
- Obtains customer feedback on applications, product performance and beta tests and relays it to Global Product Marketing Managers and engineering.
- Leads training of Technical Support and Sales colleagues on Harvard Bioscience core Molecular Analysis products.
- Check, Test and verify all incoming RMA equipment per ISO procedure as needed. Capable of repairing all released products and providing quality control per ISO regulations prior to closure of RMA. All communication is logged through SalesForce and ERP systems.
- Contributes to US Field Service team as the home office liason, which includes participation in scheduling meetings, phone support for problems encountered during service calls. Willingness to learn how to perform PMs and service related tasks on an occasional basis when service scheduling demands are high.
- Contributes to cross functional teams within Harvard Bioscience.
Competency To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- To have a high level of motivation and passion to assist customers, sales and service people to overcome any problems that they may have which relate to our instruments in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyse information skilfully and propose appropriate solutions.
- Have written and verbal communication skills which are appropriate for a customer facing role.
- Be adaptable to manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Escalation point for colleagues for post-sales issues.
- Be capable of balancing teamwork with individual workload and responsibility. Supporting the team’s efforts to succeed.
- Excellent time management skills in an ebb and flow style work environment where you often are in a self-directed role.
- Education and/or Experience –BS or MS in an Engineering Field with 3-5years experience; or related life-science field with relevant job history. Experience working on common spectrophotometric assays beneficial.
- Language Skills –Second Language would be ideal, but not required.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in using Microsoft Office; Cloud Based Applications, Online Search Engines, and comfortable with basic computing skills.
- Salesforce and ERP system experience a major plus
- Ability to obtain a passport and travel up to 15% of the time.